I know, I know. Corny. But if one of your jive-talkin pals said this to you (with an awestruck stare, hopefully), you would be thrilled. Don't deny it.
As well as giving you buns of steel
, working your gluteus maximus, medius and minimus assists in
Hello summer christmas pool parties
- improving your posture
- protecting your pelvis and hips
- protecting against back pain and improving existing aches
- burning lots of energy (kilojoules) WHILE you're working them AND afterwards!
without a pair of knee-length shorts! Here are glute bridge variations
for the home or the gym.
- Keep your feet in line with your hips
- Brace your abdominals, drawing your navel in and upwards
- Raise the hips, squeezing the glutes until there is a straight line from kneecaps to collarbone
- Think about the back of your neck being long - as if you're holding an orange between chin and chest
- Press through the heels and only try the advanced variations when you have mastered the basics!
|Glute bridge toes up|
|Glute bridge walking|